- In a bowl, incorporate the butter, sift the sugar over it and beat until a slightly white cream is left. Add the egg together with the vanilla extract and beat until well blended.
- Add the sifted flour together with the salt and mix until a homogeneous dough is left.
- Divide the dough into 2 parts and shape it into a ball.
- With a rolling pin we spread each portion of dough between two sheets of baking paper, so that they do not stick in the table. When the two doughs are fully extended, we place them on a tray and put in the fridge for 1 hour or until they are firm. After 1 hour or so, grease a tray and cut the dough with the help of a heart-shaped cutter and arrange the cookies on the tray, leaving a space between them, because when baking they increase in size.
- Put the cookies in the fridge again but for 15 minutes.
- Preheat oven at 180C. Bake 15 minutes or until cookies are golden brown.
- Let the cookies chill for 10 minutes before removing them from the trays.