Ingredients for 2 breads or 24 rolls
Preparation of the dough
1. In a bowl add: 1/2 cup of the total of the milk, 1 teaspoon of flour, 1 teaspoon of sugar, 1 teaspoon of yeast, mix well and cover with a kitchen towel. Set aside for 10 minutes, until the yeast is foamy.
2. In another bowl add the rest of the milk together with the butter until it melts. Let it rest.
3. In a large bowl place the flour and make a volcano. Add the salt around the edge. In the center add the sugar, 1 egg, the milk with the butter and the yeast. Mix until the dough is soft and smooth.
4. Place the dough in a floured surface and knead. Stretch and fold several times until smooth. If needed, sprinkle flour little by little while kneading.
5. Place the dough in a clean bowl, cover it with a damp tea towel and let it rest in a warm, draft free place for 2 hours.
Preparation of the bread
1. Once the dough has risen, place it in a floured surface and divide it into two equals parts. Let one part aside and roll the other one out into a rectangle.
2. Cover the dough with the ham slices, the olives and raisins and arrange the ingredients in the rectangle leaving 8 centimeters from the edges.
3. Tightly roll the dough up from the long edge. Leave 8 centimeters from the edges to decorate and cut strips of 1.5 cms. To decorate, we take one of the strips and stretch it to the other side, we take the next strip and stretch it the same but crossing it, and repeat until all the bread is decorated.
4. Prick several times with a fork and let it rest for 20 to 30 minutes on a greased tray.
5. Repeat the procedure with the half of the dough reserved.
6. Preheat oven to 175C.
7. Brush the loaf well with the egg beaten. Bake the bread for approximately 20 minutes or until the loaf is deeply golden.